Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Software Developer, located in Dayton, OH directly supporting our R&D customer. The selected candidate will design, prototype, integrate, and demonstrate cutting-edge, next-generation Open Architecture software throughout various phases of design and development through characterization of customer requirements.
- What you will get to do on a daily basis:
- A hands-on software developer to help research, design, coordinate, build and enhance highly available, scalable systems used by our customers for the advancement of next generation open system architectures
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing documentation and analysis of technical products and systems
- Drive customer and internal support for and execution around continuous R&D requirements for both internal and external customers
- Troubleshoot, characterize and correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies
- Creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems, and analyze performance problems
- Support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions
- To be successful in this job you will need these:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Bachelor’s of Science in math/physics/engineering with multiple years of real world programming experience with at least 2-4 years of experience
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience with software development life-cycle products from requirements, design, implementation, and testing phases
- Must be able to perform C/C++ and/or Java programming on Windows and Linux
- Ability to work independently or with supervision
- Familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, or NetBean IDEs
- Familiar with software development processes
- You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Software development/engineering experience with open architectures such as Open Mission Systems
- Possess strong priors operating within the constraints of TS/SCI or higher environments
- CMAKE, GIT and scripting development experience
- Software Design and Testing
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.