Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Pandemic Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave and more! Plus a 20k Sign on Bonus for this role! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Sr. Linux System Administrator on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to our customer and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Sr. System Administrator (SA) shall support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Support shall include management of non-EAGLE IT infrastructure and any processes related to system support. System administration support shall include day-to-day EMC operations, media malfunctions, UNIX/LINUX Auditing monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/routers/Liskey Boxes/network devices, etc. SA duties will be performed using primarily LINUX as well as Windows Administration in a virtualized environment.
- Install, configure and manager operating systems
- Install/load system software; troubleshoots problems
- Maintain system integrity; and configure network components.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide processes for problem identification, diagnosis, escalation and resolution.
- Communicate system status.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Perform SA duties using primarily LINUX as well as Windows Administration in a virtualized environment.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Minimum of 15 years of Systems Administration experience with Windows/Linux.
- Strong Linux skills
- 15 or more year’s experience supporting our customer mission programs
- Software Installation in support of the Mission
- Create Mission Servers
- Maintain Networks
- KVM Management in the lab to include connectivity / routing between computers / systems
- Supporting System Engineers in Creating / Maintaining Servers
- Support Mission Matters that the SEs are not able to handle
- Training on new and updated Missions
- Responsible for setting up new data flows for each operation and24/7 monitoring documentation
- STE/STN SSP's / Network Support experience
- Performing Networking activities to include the use of routing, switching an d network protocols. Operation of Cisco switches / routers, Brocade switches / routers and Juniper CTP. Provide telecommunications support using expertise with RS-232 standard and EIA-530 serial communications.
- Performing software testing for any applications that are not listed on the NES baseline and have been authorized for EMC workstations and/or network installations. Shall perform various software testing cases outlined in the EMC Software Test Plan and update Software Applications. Shall use IP Security Policy Management to configure IPSec to aid in identification of internal attack attempts.
- 15 or more years experience with Lab Support
- 15 or more years experience with CISCO Network Infrastructure
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.