The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for Senior Training and Development Specialist to support efforts for the Army Cloud Common Shared Service Provider (CCSSP) contract located in Northern VA.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain training materials for the Army Learning Management systems (LMS) for the customer agency
- Design or conduct work-related training and development programs to improve individual skills or organizational performance
- Analyze customer and program training needs or evaluate training effectiveness
- Responsible for managing course definition and delivery based on training needs
- Fully comprehend and be able to apply all course objectives and teaching points.
- Perform facilities management duties
- Deliver course by informing, showing, facilitating practice, and evaluating participants’ analytic tradecraft through joint analytic exercises
- Respond to participant and staff needs during and outside of course delivery, such as resolving logistical or technical issues
- Lead the team to determine the learning need, appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory
- Determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and advanced learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- US Citizenship and an Active Secret level clearance
- Experience or training in critical thinking
- Experience in policy and program development
- Demonstrated success leading/facilitating courses composed of experienced professionals and adult learners
- Ability to work in a team-teaching environment, where you understand the entire course material in order to ensure continuity between modules
- Ability to understand and meet lesson objectives.
- Experience with direct customer interaction and the ability to shape the roadmap of training through partnership with them and the team
- Can work independently of direct supervision
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Experience using broad range of methodologies to include the Analysis Design Development Implementation Evaluation (ADDIE) framework
- Familiarity with SCORM 2004, 3rd Edition
- A professional background in Systems Engineering / Software Development
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with Army Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Familiarity with Army processes defined in TRADOC Regulation 350-70 (Section 4-1, page 44), Army Learning Policy and Systems (dated July 10, 2017)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.