The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Operations Manager for the Air Force and Defense Agencies (AFDA) division. This position oversees critical IT infrastructure for a DoD Agency and provides updates to customer OCIO and leadership. The Enterprise Operations Manager leads the operations organization to provide expertise, best practices, and agility to maintain the constant changes and evolution of the enterprise IT environment to meet the demands of the customer’s mission. Responsibilities include maintaining working partnerships at all levels of the customer organization (i.e., strategic, tactical, and operational) in order to cohesively manage and maintain networks, systems, applications, and technology within the enterprise.
This is a direct billable position and will support the full lifecycle of the contract, including supporting the bid and proposal, program startup and transition, and ongoing execution of both technical and programmatic/managerial work. The work will be performed primarily onsite at the customer location in the Northern Virginia / National Capital Region.
The Enterprise Operations Manager serves as the single point of contact for all technical services on the program. The Enterprise Operations Manager will manage staff, direct work activities, ensure high-quality of services, and lead key discussions from both business and technical perspectives. Areas of oversight within the Enterprise Operations task include, but are not limited to: Server Operations and Administration, Storage Operations and Administration, Database Management, Network Operations, Customer Support, Knowledge Center and IT Service Desk delivery, Desktop Engineering and Automation, Application Sustainment and Release Management, Unified Communications, Active Directory Administration, Data Center Operations, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Management.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of IT service and projects from engineering to operations and will be the service owner for all IT services and solutions, including end user services, data center and cloud operations, and mission application sustainment and O&M.
- The Operations Manager will lead the analysis, planning and implementation of ITSM initiatives in support of operations and ensure their alignment with industry best practices and ITIL approaches.
- The Operations Manager will identify IT operational requirements, provide day-to-day leadership and quality control, and provide expertise on best practices to continually improve the implementation of ITIL practices with the goal of exceeding performance objectives and reducing costs and schedule.
- The Operations Manager will contribute directly to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities.
- The Operations Manager will ensure proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract, and will utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Possesses an ITIL Intermediate Level Certification (or higher).
- A minimum of five years of experience managing IT Enterprise Operations and managing/leading enterprise operations center staff performing Network Support, Server and Storage Operations and Administration, and Disaster Recovery requirements in an environment similar in size (15,000 users, 300 FTEs), scope, and complexity to the TO.
- A minimum of five years of experience supporting a geographically dispersed network infrastructure with multiple classification levels (e.g., NIPR, SIPR, JWICS).
- Must possess a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Seven (7) years of experience providing management and oversight of a team
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms..
- Direct experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multi-vendor environment is required.
- Experience implementing digital transformation of customer systems and assisting the customer with organizational change and transformation
- Possesses an active Project Management Institute Project Management Professional certification
- Experience managing remote teams or geographically dispersed personnel.
- Experience supporting a contract or TO responsible for adhering to DOD information security and personnel security practices
- Experience overseeing the execution of complex technical projects in the areas of IT infrastructure migration and cloud-based adoption.
- Experience deploying and operating secure systems in the DoD.
- Experience in lifecycle enterprise vulnerability management.
- Experience executing requirements using the Risk Management Framework
- Possess a Master’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or a related technical field.
- Possess ten years of experience in a DoD environment performing in a technical subject area (e.g., IT management or computer science)
- Experience managing an enterprise IT contract or TO consisting of >10,000 users.
- Experience implementing SLAs and performance metrics on a contract or TO.
- Experience supporting the intelligence community with IT security requirements.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.