The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Enterprise Architect for the Air Force and Defense Agencies (AFDA) division. This is a direct billable position and will support the full lifecycle contract, including supporting the bid and proposal, program startup and transition, and ongoing execution. The work will be performed primarily onsite at the customer location in the Northern Virginia / National Capital Region.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will serve as the enterprise architect advisor for all aspects of work on the program, to include Program Management, Information Technology Management Services, Architecture and Engineering, Enterprise Operations, Business Intelligence Services, Tools and Asset Management support, and other tasks as specified by the customer. The EA will provide support in business planning and strategy by focusing on business capabilities and maturity. The EA understands customer needs, services and core missions and match them with best-in-class technology to define a north-star target state. The EA will help to define prioritization and sequencing of the transformation by proposing a strategic roadmap that leads to the target state, will lead key discussions around change programs from both business and technical perspectives.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will have the following as primary responsibilities:
- Assist with developing enterprise architecture plans and technology roadmaps
- Support business planning and strategy focusing on business capabilities and maturity
- Evaluate business cases for proposed new solutions and technologies
- Collaborate with, coordinate, and support the enterprise service teams across functional areas to maintain Enterprise Architecture standards and consistent and compatible configuration
- Understand customer missions, needs and services and match them with best-in-class technology to define the enterprise technology vision
- Develop a strategic roadmap to assist in defining digital transformation priorities and sequences that leads to the target state
- Lead key discussions around change programs from both business and technical perspectives
- Bachelor's Degree with 17+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with 15+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines, feature engineering, data access, application development, model LCM, and cloud infrastructure.
- Possess an ITIL Foundations Level Certification (or higher).
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with Department of Defense Air Force (DoDAF) or Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF) architectural frameworks.
- Possess a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- Possesses a minimum of five years of experience with Federal Data privacy, risk management, and compliance requirements.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with security processes, standards and issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with cloud architecture and principles of modern platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc.
- Requires Masters with 15-20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13-16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Have an active TS with eligibility to be cleared at the Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) level.
- Possess a minimum of one EA certification in either The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) (Level 2), Zachman (Level 2 or above), or Federal Enterprise Architecture Certification (FEAC) Associate Certified Enterprise Architect (ACEA)/ Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA).
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with of at least one Cloud Architectural framework: Well Architected Framework (AWS or Azure), Cloud Adoption Framework (Azure).
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with custom built and Off-the-Shelf (OTS) application integration, including pipeline automation, data flows and identity integrations.
- Possess a minimum of three years of experience in an EA role for large (over 100 thousand (K) users) Federal agency or F500 corporation.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience of at least two major cloud platform capabilities, hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.