The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Geospatial Data Engineer, to play key role with the design, engineering, development and deployment of the geospatial data layer for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) working in Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Our Geospatial Data Engineer will lead the requirements, design and development of a DOMEX data layer.
Fun stuff on the job:
• Collaborate and work with a diverse group of data scientists and engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets with geospatial enrichment
• Help drive geospatial data pipeline technology evaluation and proof of concept
• Design, develop, test, maintain, and support data pipelines for new geospatial data layer based on the refined requirements
• Operate and monitor pipelines and validate output
• Implement automated data quality metrics and validations
• Perform data profiling of new data sources to discover metadata and identify anomalies
• Assist with definition and implementation of standards / best practices for database & pipeline development
• Collaborate with Data Science team to analyze the output of geospatial data layer
This is you:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6-8 years of relevant experience
• Possess a DoD TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI with CI Poly
• Fluent with Python and preferably one other development language
• Experience performing ETL processes, designing data infrastructure and optimizing performance
• Experience with database administration such as PostgreSQL and SQL
• Experience with Geospatial analysis tools including but not limited to QGIS and/or ArcGIS or R
• Experience with Geospatial data processing and analyzing libraries such as Arcpy and Geopandas
• Significant experience working in a Linux environment
• Expertise in data profiling techniques and understanding the content from both a data quality and business perspective
• Working knowledge on containers and Kubernetes (K8S)
• Experience with big-data tools, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and NiFi
• Experience transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and zipped files
• Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Familiarity with machine learning, statistical modeling, time-series forecasting and/or geospatial analytics
• Familiarity with NumPy/SciPy, and Pandas libraries
• Cloud geospatial data processing / pipelines
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.