UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a ITSM Process Manager to join our Service Management Team in the Chief Information Office (CIO) Services Group. As a core member of the Service Management team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs, as well as an exciting opportunity to use your experience and training to help analyze Leidos’ current Service Management processes and workflows and help to bring improvements and efficiency to this transforming organization.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As the global CIO Services organization, we enable the enterprise to execute its mission to grow through innovation, collaboration, and effective use of information and technology. Through our world class talent and technology, we will provide differentiated and agile services, partnering with the enterprise to strategically transform, defend and grow the business, developing and implementing solutions that we can use to support our customers' mission.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Direct involvement in the design and improvement of key Service Management processes including Change, Release, and Configuration management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the CIO Services group to ensure that the Change, Release, and Configuration management processes continue to meet current needs while making sure that they adapt to changes at Leidos.
- Able to think holistically and globally when collaborating with peers and colleagues across multiple regions and countries. This will include stakeholders with varying degrees of technical knowledge and expertise.
- Translate process design/redesign requirements into specific functional requirements to be delivered to the ServiceNow development team.
- Create and update process related documentation including workflow diagrams, standard operating procedures, and various job aids.
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and 8 years of relevant experience, which should include Change, Release, and Configuration Management. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with ServiceNow.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in ITSM or ITOM.
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundations Certification.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to identify trends and anomalies from collected data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, prioritization and multi-tasking capabilities.
- US Citizenship is required for this position and able to obtain security clearance.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- ITIL V3 Expert or ITIL V4 Managing Professional Certification
- Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and application technologies in particular Wintel, SQL Server, Networking and Storage technologies
- Experience working as part of a global team; across multiple countries and time zones
- Proven history of leading and managing Service Management Processes
- Strong experience in requirements gathering, story writing, test plan development and working on projects using agile methodologies and best practices.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.