The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Technical Program Manager (PM) for the Air Force and Defense Agencies (AFDA) division in support of the National Industrial Security System (NISS). This is a direct billable position and will support the full lifecycle contract, including supporting the bid and proposal, program startup and transition, and ongoing execution. The work will be performed primarily onsite at the customer location in the Northern Virginia / National Capital Region.
The Senior Technical PM will be responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract across all NISS task areas, to include Program Management, Operations and Maintenance (O&M), Application Development, Transition and Deployment, Data Interfaces, Cloud Managed Services, Security, and Training, and other tasks as specified by the customer. The PM serves as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management. They directly contribute to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract. The PM will utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
The Senior Technical Program Manager (PM) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Allocate resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) on the contract
- Review and approve all Estimate To Complete (ETC), Funds and Man-hour Expenditure Report, or other financial reports as appropriate
- Review and allocate management reserve within contractual limits
- Ensure cross-discipline integration within the contract to meet Government needs
- Work with functional staff to provide effective and efficient management of the contractor's effort
- Review and propose the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule) to the Government
- Review risk and risk mitigation activities and allocate budgets for the same
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the Government PM
- Ensure the timely recruitment and training of program staff - both direct and indirect
- Review all financial and technical reports before release to the Government
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract in coordination with the Contractor's contracts staff
- Coordinate the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and value engineering proposals to the Government PM
- Provide Contractor input to the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan reviews or Award Fee reviews, as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- A minimum of ten years of DoD technical PM experience, including experience in planning, directing, and managing complex IT and cybersecurity projects and operations of a nature similar in scope of the NISS task areas described above.
- A minimum of eight years of experience leading transformative IT/DEVSECOPS initiatives and championing end-to-end innovative software solutions.
- Shall have at least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms.
- Direct experience in managing multi-task contracts and subcontracts of various types and complexity, as well as experience in leading a multi-vendor environment is required.
- Possesses an active Project Management Institute Project Management Professional certification
- Experience managing remote teams or geographically dispersed personnel.
- Experience supporting a contract or TO responsible for adhering to DOD information security and personnel security practices
- Have an active Secret clearance.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in developing and standardizing business rules for multiple inter- or intra-agency accessed applications.
- Possess one of the following certifications: Global IA Certification (GIAC), Global Security Leadership Certification (GSLC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or another DoD 8570.01-M Level 3 authorized Information Assurance Technical (IAT)/Information Assurance Management (IAM) certification.
- Possess ten years of experience in a DoD or Intelligence Community environment performing in a technical subject area (e.g., IT management or computer science)
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading geographically dispersed staff of varying skill levels in projects of similar scope and complexity as described in the job description.
- Experience managing an enterprise IT contract or TO consisting of >10,000 users.
- Experience implementing SLAs and performance metrics on a contract or TO.
- Experience supporting the intelligence community with IT security requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with IT Service Delivery using an ITIL/ITSM framework on a program or programs of 15,000 users or more.
- Have an active TS with eligibility to be cleared at the Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) level.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.