Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team providing support to users leveraging the Atlassian Tools suite to develop future air-traffic control software such as the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
Software Development Engineer Responsibilities:
• Quickly identify and correct problems in a production environment (Atlassian tools, web server, operating system, and network) to ensure high availability.
• Plug-in debugging and development
• Installation and configuration of Atlassian Tools
• Installation and configuration of Atlassian Plug-ins
• Expand knowledge of AWS environment
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Multiple years of Linux user experience.
• Candidates must have a firm grasp of how to install, configure, trouble shoot, and develop for Jira, Bitbucket, Fisheye, Crucible, Bamboo, and Confluence hosted in a Linux environment.
• Atlassian administration and configuration on Linux covering Jira, Fisheye, Crucible, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Bamboo, and plug-ins.
• Ability to develop custom plug-ins.
• Linux administration including:
Command line skills
OS installation and configuration
Setup for Atlassian server/data center installation
Virtual Machine setup and configuration
• Network administration skills including:
• Linux firewalls/routing
• Databases (PostGreSql, MySql) on Linux
• SQL language
• Database and role administration
• Backup/restore and replication on other systems
Rapidly setup production clones in VMs for testing
Custom project design testing
• Overall troubleshooting skills
Identifying where the problems lie
Networking, hardware, OS, tools, or User Error
Ability to read the linux and Atlassian logs to decipher the problem.
Isolate a network issue from the command line with tools like ping, telnet, nslookup, netstat.
o AWS experience
o Working with EC2 instances
o Storage (S3, local volumes)
o VPC (private could)
o Security groups
o Elastic IPs
o IAM (user accounts)
o Cloudwatch (monitoring/troubleshooting/alarms/alerts)
o FAA Domain knowledge: Previous experience with one or more of the following programs: ERAM, TBFM, TFDM, ATOP, EIDS, MEARTS, AFSS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.