The Defense Group in Leidos has an opportunity for an HR Business Partner & Project Manager (HRBP & PM) to provide support across 5 business operations with a focus on project management and implementation of group-wide employee initiatives. Reporting to the SVP of HR for Defense, the HRBP & PM will partner with HR and Defense group leaders to organize, manage and plan complex projects centered on building employee engagement, talent development, talent management, retention and recognition. The HRBP & PM will work at the group level to understand the business and how to drive workforce initiatives that lead to business success. They will build and present briefing materials to leadership capturing the objective, scope, cost, schedule and success measures for HR initiatives to gain input, buy-in and support. The HRBP & PM will be a key voice to members of the Defense HR team, participating in group business rhythms, preparing briefings and helping provide direction to leaders on the execution of HR projects and initiatives.
- Provide HR project management support for the overall mission and HR service delivery for a complex global organization of over 10,000 employees
- Facilitate interdepartmental project teams to complete an assigned project on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency
- Understand tasks involved in assigned projects and support execution and implementation
- Conduct cost analysis, estimating expected costs for projects
- Prepare and implement a budget based on estimates
- Address questions, concerns, and issues throughout projects
- Act as a liaison for HR, project teams and key stakeholders
- Communicate and collaborate with group staff, HR teams, project teams and leaders to ensure successful project execution
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence as needed to ensure effective alignment to achieve goals and organization results
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Will typically have 8-12 years of relevant experience including 4+ years leading projects
- Must have broad HR expertise and strong business acumen, well-versed in data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively and influence senior leader decisions
- Demonstrated ability and comfort preparing and presenting executive briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft product suite with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Experience partnering with technical leaders
- International program and expatriate population experience
- Knowledge of Workday
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.