Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Cyber Security Engineering Lead to support this DHS SOC Program. The Engineering Lead will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. Will work with and manage internal team members to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure, visibility, and monitoring. The Engineer Lead will engineer design and develop cyber security solutions, along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
Duties will include:
· Lead multi-disciplined team in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture to meet the needs of the SOC Operations team
· Ensure to continuously review, develop, and enhance solutions that empower SOC analyst to perform detection and response functions
· Evaluate and recommend technologies/solutions to use and secure cloud services, remote work, and on-prem
· Architecture solutions and advise on technologies to secure and gain situational awareness (visibility/monitoring) on cloud providers: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
· Collaborate with the team to define and prioritize work, gather requirements, develop, execute, and support new and existing security stacks for both cloud and on-premises
· Proactively identify gaps and make recommendation for new projects to secure those gaps
· Work with and/or lead relevant stakeholders, system owners, and engineers to drive security projects/efforts to completion
· Balance priorities and work of managing projects, teams, and technical engineering
· Periodically review and provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends
· Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
· Create briefs that recommend best of class solutions and/or make recommendations on how to better posture the organization’s security
· Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering life-cycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development
· Resolves architecture implementation issues during integration and test
· Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
· Advise and assist team members to deploy and configure collection services and tools
· Oversee the maintenance of the infrastructure and make recommendations to improve operations
· Provide functional management (performance, time, etc.) of Leidos team members
· Provide mentoring to all team members
· Directly interface with customer representatives and external groups
Required Skills and Education:
· BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and at least 8+ years of technical work experience in cyber security. The ideal candidate will also have at least 5-10 years of experience leading and managing teams.
· Minimum of a Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a EOD
· At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Certified Splunk Architect
· Have a strong understanding for cloud providers architectures and cloud based security solutions
Must have 3-5 years of experience in at least 2+ of the following areas:
· Cloud security design, implementation, and configuration
· System and network security engineering
· Hands-on experience managing security solutions (Firewall, IDS, EPP/EDR, GuardDuty, Azure Security etc.) administration
· Administration of Linux and Windows servers
· Cloud related design, implementation/configuration
· Experience designing and/or building automated solutions
· 2+ years experience in a lead capacity for a security engineering/cyber security teams
· 2+ years in project documentation artifacts (requirements, schedules, etc.)
· 5+ years of experience directly supporting and interfacing with government customers
· Breadth of technical experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and in cloud environments
· Experience working on a geographically dispersed team
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Ability to lead and work independently with little oversight
Desired Skills and Certifications:
· Existing DHS EOD, active Secret clearance, or active Top Secret clearance
· Recent security operations (SOC) experience.
· At least 7 years of experience supporting mission-critical projects
· Knowledge of performance metrics related to security operations
· Detailed knowledge of key cyber and network technologies such as Netwitness, Splunk, FireEye, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.