The Intelligence Group currently has an opening for an experienced Program Manager to support a large Intelligence Community (IC) program.
This position requires an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Candidates without this clearance will not be considered.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Program Manager provides leadership, direction, and hands-on management for a large, complex program. The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of program execution, is the official point of contact for the program, and ensures all personnel associated with the program are effectively supporting customer needs. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience supporting a complex IC contract and the knowledge/experience with core technical areas of the program.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure all project activities are performed and completed in a timely, cost-effective, and efficient manner without comprising the quality of deliverables
- Plan, organize and utilize resources to successfully staff and meet program objectives
- Manage costs, schedules, reporting, and contract compliance
- Verify and validate the quality, content, and prompt delivery of all task and contractual deliverables associated with the program
- Plan, organize, control, direct, and staff the technical, administrative, financial , contractual, and personnel actions required by the program
- Support proposal and business development efforts as needed
- Collaborate closely with the Deputy Program Manager in all aspects of program execution
- Identify and select qualified personnel for open positions
- Maintain a close relationship with senior Leidos management to obtain necessary project resources and provide key program information to senior-level corporate decision-makers
- Maintain a close relationship with Leidos Team Leads; mentor and support the future leaders of our company
- Submit weekly activity reports and monthly status reviews
- Report all significant technical challenges, problems, issues, as soon as they are discovered to Leidos and customer senior management, as appropriate
- Participate in all formal program reviews
- Maintain adequate staffing levels of qualified personnel
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND CLEARANCE
- ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, political science, or related field (five years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of a BA/BS degree)
- 5 or more years of operational and/or tradecraft-related experience and 5 or more years of experience managing complex programs
- Demonstrated expertise in cost management with a strong background in working with award-fee based contracts
- Experience in developing project plans, work breakdown structures, and Basis for Estimates (BOE)
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills, providing effective communication to various levels of seniority within both the government and corporate leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work with and collaborate with all levels of staff to include line management, direct employees, subcontractors, and various entities within the corporate and customer structures
- Demonstrated ability to foster a collaborative, productive working environment utilizing strong team work skills and flexibility
- Demonstrated record of developing and maintaining a strong, trusted client relationship
- Familiarity with IC policies and procedures
- Ability to successfully balance multiple competing tasks and availability to work outside of normal office hours
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree in Business, Management, Human Resources, or an Intelligence Discipline
- Certified PMP from the PMI Institute or similar certification
- In-depth knowledge of the program’s client organizations and points of contact
- Experience with Leidos’ internal financial and personal systems and processes
- Desire to learn and work as part of a close and effective team on a large and key IC program
- Willingness to offer ideas and help us to improve our support to customers
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.