Leidos is seeking a Fortinet NSE-4 Certified Engineer to be a member of Network Operations Team on our ESA V program. The successful candidate will be assigned to work remotely full time supporting a customer site in Washington, DC. ESA V is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, enterprise infrastructure support, service desk, ITSM, deskside support, workstation engineering and maintenance, telecommunications and mobility engineering services, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer. This process is currently taking 12+ weeks.
- Support operations and maintenance services in the area of network administration.
- Test and support network enclaves in various stages of deployment.
- Take direction from senior firewall and network engineers coupled with the ability to execute SOPs and Standard Changes routinely with little or no rework with normal supervision. Coupled with the ability to develop and expand proficiency with advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Work on traffic flow analysis, network management, network topology design, security performance and fault tolerant architecture
- Configure network equipment and services.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Support mission critical 24x7x365 systems.
- Support the change process and incident response process:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and supportability
- Support network security, including firewall, VPN, and load balancer experience.
- Support design and test network enclaves in various stages of deployment.
- Produce and review technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot network-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems
- Fortinet NSE-4 certification
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 + years relevant work experience as a Fortinet firewall engineer. High school diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
- Hands on Experience in Firewall Technical Support areas: redundant infrastructure, site-to-site IPsec VPN, single sign-on (SSO), web proxy, and diagnostics.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring and administrating network based firewalls, such as Fortinet, Palo Alto or others.
- Solid understanding of network security controls and practices, Firewall administration, Network Routing, OSI model, and Cybersecurity standards.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with site-to-site VPNs.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with F5 load balancers.
- Must be able to understand complex layer-2 and layer-3 corporate WAN/MAN/LAN networks.
- Be able to work individually and in a team, self-starter with low supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Professional level understanding and hands-on experience with TCP-IP as well IP routing protocols especially OSPF, EIGRP, and GBP
- Professional level understanding and hands-on working knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Experience configuring and Monitoring LAN/WAN equipment, Including routers and switches
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems.
- Be able to program and use bash/shell scripting.
- Understand of cloud environment.
- Understanding of other technologies such as, Systems and Applications which can help is making security decisions.
- Understanding of routing protocols such as OSPF, IBGP, BGP.
- Understanding of Cisco IOS
- Understanding of Cisco WLC, VSS, VCSE.
- Understanding of Server virtualization technology such as VMWare.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.