Join a company that makes the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. A company whose core values of integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment are the foundation of everything we do. A company who embraces the communities in which we work through volunteerism. That company is Leidos. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to support our Air Force and Defense Agency division as well as other task order in our Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively diagnose and address business objectives. The HRBP will work with their client groups on both internal HR needs as well as initiatives that help to drive the business. This position will report to the Director, Human Resources for the Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Operation and will be located at Leidos' Corporate office Reston; however, this position allows for up to 50% remote/ telecommute work.
The HRBP will diagnose business needs and will implement solutions to continually improve organizational performance for the client.
Areas of focus and support to the client can/will include:
- Organizational Design and Development
- Organizational Change Management
- Talent Development
- Performance Management
- Total Rewards, to include general and executive compensation
- Culture, Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee Relations
- Talent Acquisition
- Other duties as assigned
The successful incumbent will serve as a liaison between HR centers of expertise (COE’s) and client groups and will assist with implementation of initiatives and projects initiated by the enterprise, as well as participating in special projects or other Ops, Group, or Enterprise HR initiatives, as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have strong consultative skills
- Must have experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
- Must be a team-player and be willing to be hands-on with tactical duties with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must have broad HR expertise, strong business acumen, and be able to think big-picture and be resourceful in creating solutions.
- Must possess good organizational skills and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must have experience supporting a geographically dispersed workforce within and outside of the US.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience supporting both professional and hourly employee populations, preferably employees covered under the Service Contract Act.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- SHRM or HRCI certification.
- Experience providing HR support to federal government contractors.
- Experience supporting remote employees and/or those located at a customer site.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.