Leidos is seeking an IT Leader to join our team of Transportation Technologists. The Solutions Architect will join a highly successful team in researching and developing Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) technologies to shape the future or transportation. The Saxton Transportation and Operations Laboratory (STOL) in McLean VA, is the USDOT’s premiere research and development laboratory for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology. Our team of over 40 engineers and scientists advance CAV technology for the USDOT by developing, testing, and supporting the adoption of technologies associated with Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure communications as well as Cooperative Driving Automation (CDA).
We are looking for someone motivated to develop architectures and evaluate technology alternatives that accelerate industry adoption. This position is for a seasoned professional who will lead, architect, evaluate, and develop innovative solutions in support of projects and proposal efforts. We're looking for a professional interested in more than generating leads, but producing tangible results with leads that become projects, and working on projects to improve results that impact the transportation industry.
Location: McLean, VA
This position provides diverse job functions, and may include, but not limited to:
- Develop architectures and solutions that enable vehicles and infrastructure to cooperate.
- Develop accelerated/preliminary architectures and standards in cooperation or guidance from industry to accelerate adoption.
- Develop solutions that optimize disparate constraints, such as cost, schedule, function, quality, etc.
- Manage projects
- Oversee or manage staff
- Lead BD and Capture teams to identify, qualify, and pursue opportunities, and develop winning proposal materials.
- Build consensus and maintain support among engineers, clients, and industry on abstract and technical concepts.
- Assist in the development of the integration capabilities across multiple task orders within the program.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving technical performance on existing programs.
- Author white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating technical thought leadership in response to Leidos leadership or customer needs.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in relevant technical fields with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to develop architectures and technologies industry will participate in and adopt.
- Experience in the following areas: System Development, Software or Application Development, Hardware Engineering, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and/or Autonomous Driving Systems.
- Broad knowledge of technologies and systems to quickly evaluate alternatives.
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals.
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals.
- Experience in conducting trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects.
- Experience in customer engagements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to pass DMV background check
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Lead Solutions Architect on medium or large size business captures and proposals.
- Experience developing or implementing cloud architecture, cloud migration, and applications migration.
- Direct experience supporting USDOT or State DOTs.
- Broad experience developing solutions involving IT infrastructure, systems, applications, data sciences, artificial intelligence, or robotic processing.
- Experience developing cost models, basis of estimates (BOEs), and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Experience fostering an inclusive team environment.
- Standards development.
- Existing transportation industry relationships, involvement, and influence.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.