The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a User Experience Manager (UEM) for the Air Force and Defense Agencies (AFDA) division. This is a direct billable position and will support the full lifecycle contract, including supporting the bid and proposal, program startup and transition, and ongoing execution. The work will be performed primarily onsite at the customer location in the Northern Virginia / National Capital Region.
The UEM provides support to the customer’s User Experience Division, which serves as the strategic communications partner for the customer CIO to improve overall workforce productivity and establishes trust amongst the user base. The UEM will act as the overall lead, manager, and administrator to improve overall workforce productivity through the introduction of IT solutions, and works with DCSA personnel to establish, translate, and manage operational and mission requirements for DCSA. The UEM shall provide the Management Staff with 1) status and feedback on DCSA Customer Satisfaction and internal service performance, 2) lead communications to the DCSA workforce, 3) determines the need for improved business solutions based on customer surveys and briefs these requirements to DCSA leadership, and 4) lead a team of user experience experts to keep DCSA on the forefront of IT capabilities.
- Establish, translate, and manage operational and mission requirements for the customer
- Interview stakeholders, gather requirements, analyze requirements, and build presentations with courses of action, POA&M objectives, risks mitigation objectives, project status, and decision points.
- Perform needs analysis to determine opportunities for new and improved business process solutions using the ticket management system application capabilities.
- Gather feedback on customer satisfaction and internal service performance to foster continual improvement.
- Develop communication/briefing products including, but not limited to: Newsletters, Roadshows, Operational Training Events, Town Halls (Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly), and Operational Briefs.
- Produce and disseminate of high-quality data and survey products on performance of OCIO products and services to effectively measure and monitor areas of improvement.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues.
- Analyze trends and measure potential impacts to DCSA, ongoing IT initiatives, and the Agency’s mission. Provide troubleshooting advice and lessons learned and mitigate future IT issues.
- Assist the Government with the coordination and performance of technical assessments and evaluations of requirements and acquisition requests submitted by technical and program stakeholders to ensure conformance with approved plans, program objectives, and policies as well as efficient use of assets.
- Assist the Government with managing the internal relationship with IT process owners supporting the service and providing assistance to the Government to define the terms of Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Develop and document supply chain risks for critical system elements and IT systems status communications (e.g., impacts, outages, push updates, etc.).
- Assist Division leadership with the development and maintenance of three to five-year strategic vision, goals, and briefs
- Bachelor's Degree with 17+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's Degree with 15+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Possess a TS clearance with eligibility for SCI
- Possesses an ITIL Foundations Level Certification (or higher).
- Possesses a minimum of five years of experience leading geographically dispersed agile teams, creating user stories, and communicating business change requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 or more years of related technical and managerial experience in an end-to-end service desk; desk-side service delivery and SW development
- Demonstrated success improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining customer support processes that yielded improvements in customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions.
- Demonstrated experience and proven success implementing changes, processes, and standards to improve an enterprise-wide service desk.
- Demonstrated experience with various service desk technologies
- Demonstrated experience with implementing digital transformation of customer enterprise-wide IT infrastructure and systems
- Minimum of 8 years of experience (in the past 12 years) managing a team of 40 or more personnel performing IT Service Desk, Desktop Engineering, and Unified Communications requirements.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing IT Service Desk or Desktop Engineering requirements.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing software application development and sustainment of applications
- Experience supporting VIP and Senior Government Executive customers with information technology requirements.
- Experience with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with DevOps and use of industry leading tools like GitHub, Jenkins,
- Experience managing remote teams and supporting remote users across geographically dispersed locations (at least five or more locations).
- Ability to track and produce key metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience with data visualization packages in Python or similar programming languages.
- Possess a minimum of five years of experience engaging multiple stakeholders from industry to rapidly advance software-as-a-service development and support.
- Demonstrated experience with introducing new technologies and processes to improve service delivery such as availability, management, monitoring, support, patching, and scalability.
- Experience supporting and communicating with VIP and Senior Government Executive customers focused on information technology requirements.
- Experience managing an enterprise IT contract or TO consisting of >10,000 users.
- Experience implementing SLAs and performance metrics on a contract or TO.
- Experience implementing process improvements or automations within an IT service desk, desktop engineering, or unified communications environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies and serving as a Scrum Master
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.