The C4ISR Solutions, Maritime Systems Division, has an immediate opening for a High-Performance Computing (HPC) Application Support Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience in the development and integration of a critical HPC environment. As the HPC Application Support Engineer, you will work alongside our government customer ensuring the successful delivery of this vital capability.
- Manage, deploy, and support applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Work with users to customize applications and configure software development, integration, and production environments to specification
- Work with HPC vendors to identify hardware and software solutions to meet system requirements
- Monitor internally developed applications for impact to system performance and resource utilization
- Tune applications to optimize performance and reliability of services across the High-Performance Computing (HPC) ecosystem
- Diagnose application problems quickly and effectively
- Automate administration procedures for routine and complex tasks
- Provide backup HPC system administration support
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve software problems
- Work with team to define and implement best practices
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Linux/UNIX Systems Administration.
- Experience supporting internally developed applications in C, C++, Java, and Python
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to identify requirements and to define, plan, and implement requisite solutions
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize tasks, and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
- This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Certifications: Security+, RHCSA or RHCE
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- 5 years of experience supporting HPC applications and development environments on RHEL
- Experience troubleshooting application execution through resource managers such as PBS Pro and Slurm
- Experience with utilities such as Git, Bitbucket, Confluence
- An understanding of code review, compilers, and debugging tools including Intel Parallel Studio, GCC, GDB, TotalView
- Experience supporting applications based on CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMPI, OpenMP, IntelMPI
- Experience using tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, and SNMP to monitor systems, metrics, and create dashboards
- Ability to develop and maintain programs and scripts that aid in the operation and automation of administrative tasks and workflows using Bash and Python
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.