The C4ISR Solutions, Maritime Systems Division, has an immediate opening for a Software Integration Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience in the development and integration of a critical warfighting capability. As the Software Integration Engineer, you will work alongside our government customer ensuring the successful delivery of this vital capability.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the System/Software and Algorithm teams and performing software integration activities. You will be responsible for defining the continuous integration toolset, strategies for Algorithm and software integration, and release activities. You will also be involved in defining interfaces at various levels to perform optimal integration test activities and acceptance testing. As a member of the Integration team, they will be working in an Agile DevSecOps environment, supporting design, implementation, and testing efforts to ensure successful integration of software, hardware, and other requirements across the total engineering effort.
- Owner of the software configuration management strategy
- Define software integration/release at various levels with clear reuse strategy
- Define software continuous integration/development mechanism
- Drive and coordinate with teams to follow life-cycle development and deployment procedure
- Define integration test strategy and overall product performance
- Support the continual certification and accreditation (C&A) of the DevSecOps environment, continuous ATO process
- Define and document inheritable controls available via the pipeline that will be incorporated in software packages as required
- Provide ongoing and continual operations and maintenance support in the following areas:
- Assist in the maintenance and upgrades of DevSecOps toll chain and pipeline components including a code repository, and artifact repository, security scanning, testing tolls and an orchestrated integration and delivery platform which enables automated application building, testing, securing and deployment
- Document any changes to the architecture for proper configuration management, detail each functional component, and document dependencies with other systems
- Support the deployment of the platform environment in both integration and production environments
- Provide documentation on the functions of the pipeline, artifacts and hardened containers available via the pipeline, container repository and how application developers can incorporate the pipeline into their development activities
- Record, track and report integration performance and software quality metrics
- Collaborate with other systems integrators, test engineers, performance engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, and management to work within an Agile DevSecOps environment to ensure a high quality, stable, and functional system
- Support performance and quality efforts
- Identify, document, report, and track issues with the software, hardware and related systems and perform root cause analysis of issues
- Capture debug and diagnostic information for identified issues to facilitate software and systems engineering resolution of issues
- Drive all Integration, application, and systems issues to closure
- Identify and communicate product and project risks and opportunities
- At least 5 years of professional software integration experience
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Python programming
- Container (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- CompTIA security+ / CISSP
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 operating system
- Understanding of OS operation in a cross-platform environment (Linux/Windows)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$4,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.