The Future Flight Service Program (FFSP) within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a System Administrator to be a team member of the IT team at our Ashburn, VA location. The FAA FFSP encompasses the design, engineering, deployment and maintenance of flight service integrated systems that allow for efficient delivery of information to the general aviation community. FFSP is a network of air traffic facilities that collect, process and deliver aeronautical and meteorological information to promote safe and expeditious flight throughout the continental United States (CONUS), Hawaii, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The System Administrator will be responsible for a wide range of highly technical system activities across multiple disciplines requiring a highly diverse background in all aspects of system management and support.
System Administrator Responsibilities:
• Provide technical analysis and research in planning, engineering, design and implementations.
• Directly coordinate & communicate with program and FAA personnel in the ongoing design, support and maintenance of the FFSP Architecture
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP Operational issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 environments.
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP lab issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 Development environments.
• Provide analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to problems.
• Implement new hardware into production computer rooms, complete activities that can’t be done during first and mid-shifts to minimize risks associated with equipment changes and implementations in active production FFSP operational computer rooms.
• Evaluate risk associated with planned implementations processes, monitors associated risks and communicates changing risk assessments while performing implementation activities in the event of abnormal system feedback.
• Provide after-hours support as needed
• Work independently to resolve reported issues
• Must be willing to support variable shift work supporting maintenance windows 10:00pm to 6:00am for implementation of changes to the FFSP lab and Operational systems
• Work independently after hours supporting Maintenance Window hardware installations on third shift for the installation and support of hardware in production operations for the FFSP lab and Operations equipment
• Research ongoing updates for IT equipment and submit recommendations for final review by the FFSP Change Control Board
• Create implementation plans/technical solutions for approved Change Requests, coordinate implementation activities with other support areas and implement planned changes to production environments
• Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the FFSP enterprise
• Requires Bachelor of Science and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in full life cycle systems engineering approaches.
• Knowledge of industry standard security appliances and applications.
• Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
• Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), routing, and basic IP address scheme.
• Knowledge and understanding of the concepts and applications of firewalls
• Experience with variety of applications, appliances, etc. to include:
• Cisco (ISR 4451 Router)
• ServiceNow (ITSM, ITOM, ITBM/PPM application nodes)
• Itential (Network automation)
• 128T (SD-WAN platform, acquired by Juniper)
• Netscout (nGeniusONE, nGeniusPULSE, vSTREAM)
• Juniper CTP boxes (the circuit to packet media gateways)
• Aruba Networks (ClearPass)
• HPE (ProLiant DL380 Gen10 24SFF Configure-to-order)
• Palo Alto Networks (DNS, PA-3260, PA-5250)
• F5 (BIG-IP Access Policy Manager, FIPS, i4600 Advanced Firewall Manager, i7800 Local Traffic Manager, SSL Ochestrator)
• Understanding of FISMA requirements.
• Experience and comfort level with Operating Systems, Linux, Windows, and some scripting (PERL, bash, java).
• Experience and/or knowledge of Flight Services and aviation / air traffic control systems.
Be able to pass an Public Trust investigation from the FAA customer
Be able to support emergency and off hours support
Be able to support variable daily work hours
Support Maintenance Windows (Scheduled)
Support Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M- S
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.