Leidos currently has an opening for a Simulation Database Engineer to work in our Orlando, Florida office. In this role you will utilize off-the-shelf geospatial, modeling and simulation products to produce and maintain Synthetic Natural Environment (SNE) Databases in support of Constructive, Gaming, and Virtual training systems.
- Produce and maintain Synthetic Natural Environment (SNE) Databases in support Gaming and Virtual training systems using off-the-shelf geospatial, modeling and simulation products.
- Provide technical support in areas including database formats for visual/sensor/constructive simulation; geographic information systems; mapping, charting, geodesy and imagery (MCG&I) source data, SNE interchange issues and impacts of SNE databases on simulation system interoperability and reviews technical products.
- Interface with SNE related key contacts, organizations (PEO STRI, S3I, OWT, STE, etc), reporting chains and coordination POCs in order to leverage existing opportunities and exploit those deemed beneficial for the affecting of current and future development.
- Analyze geospatial data and database formats for geographic & performance statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 or more years’ expertise in areas associated with the development and representation of Synthetic Natural Environments within modeling and simulation training systems.
- Understanding of image generator and game engine pipelines, technologies, principles, best practices and limitations
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and best practices
- Production of Terrain database (TDB) modeling systems and format
- Knowledge of terrain database tradeoffs to meet system performance goals
- Understanding on managing correlation between multiple training systems
- Understanding of modeling concepts including generation, integration, and optimization
- Detail oriented in tracking, correcting, and following through on DR/CR process
- Commitment to seeing projects to completion within pre-determined timeframes
- Flexibility to work well in a fast paced ever-changing environment
- Synthetic Environment Data Representation and Interchange.
- Experience with the generation of SNE databases for constructive, gaming, and virtual simulation systems.
- Must communicate effectively, both orally and written, and work well in a team environment
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Gaming and Virtual simulation system expertise (ex. GFT, CCTT, AVCATT, CDT, CSE)
- Experience with Unity and/or Unreal is desired
- Proficient in ArcGIS, Global Mapper or other associated GIS tool suites is desired
- Terra Vista expertise is desired
- TerraTools experience is strongly desired, specifically for Constructive and Gaming DB generation
- Constructive simulation systems such as OneSAF, WARSIM, JCATS is desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Simulation Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.