The C4ISR Solutions, Maritime Systems Division, has an immediate opening for an Aircraft Integration Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience in the development and integration of a critical warfighting capability. As the Aircraft Integration Systems Engineer, you will work alongside our government customer ensuring the successful delivery of this vital capability.
- Manages technical, cost, and schedule trade space to support aircraft and sensor integration activities, to include design, production, and sustainment of airborne systems
- Ensure proper engineering processes are used and managed to effectively execute technical tasks and products (including technical data bases such as the system design configuration)
- Develop high-level schedules and manage priorities for engineering tasks
- Develops and manages requirements, including all acquisition planning and documentation development
- Leads and manages SOW development, technical evaluations, and technical assessments of project progress
- Identifies technical opportunities across the IPT portfolio
- Provide engineering input on designs, design changes (ECPs), deficiency resolution, TCMs, and GFE requirements
- Develops and manages Risks and Opportunities
- Coordinates with NAVAIR in management and execution of the Airworthiness/Interim Flight Clearance process
- Coordinates with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Works with team to define and implement best practices
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to identify requirements and to define, plan, and implement requisite solutions
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize tasks, and complete assigned projects with minimal supervision
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Recent experience with rapid development and prototyping acquisitions, such as Other Transactional Agreements (OTAs)
- 3 years of experience supporting NAVAIR programs
- Experience with MBSE tools and development, with an emphasis on DOORS if possible
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.