The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a potential opening for a Lead Engineer to work in our Boston, MA offices. You will work closely with solutions architects, systems engineers, software and hardware engineers, program managers, subcontractors, and customers to develop, deploy and optimize critical force protection systems.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Engineering function for the program
- Support all technical/engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Helps to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
- Provides technical input to systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with SE team members and SE manager
- Provide technical input to system architecture and help with re-designs and improvements
- Attend hardware and software design sessions and provide technical input considering program priorities and product roadmap
- Assist customer in determining project activities and optimization of resources and features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
- Organize project and task work-loads and selects individuals most qualified for assignments on specific projects.
- Primary customer contact all matters of systems design
- Mentor and coach other technical staff
- Will lead task order review sessions with customer to discuss cost; schedule; and technical performance
- Contribute to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities
- Utilize communication skills to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, and communicates and coordinates the resolution of all project related problems to the appropriate Government lead
- Direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion
- Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 15+ years in software development, system engineering or related field, or 4 additional years in lieu of degree. 13+ years of experience with Doctorate degree.
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Experience with system architecture design
- Experience with creating product roadmap
- Experience with holding technical sessions involving customer and other stake holders
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
- Familiarity with MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills; Ability to work well with staff and subcontractors from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
- Current PMP certification
- Doctorate with 13 years or prior relevant experience
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems including systems of systems, sensors and effectors
- Operational experience in the USAF
- Previous experience managing complex System designs efforts/contracts employing networks, sensors and effectors
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.