Leidos keep our Department of Defense customers at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying Machine Learning (ML) approaches to solve complex remote sensing problems. We are currently seeking a Machine Learning Research Scientist to work in our Arlington, VA office.
As a ML scientist, you will apply your ML skills to a wide variety of problems and datasets, primarily focused on remote sensing (acoustic, RF, and other) applications. Current projects include auto-detection and classification of acoustic targets. You will bring experience, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, lead technical project teams, and spearhead growth in new areas. We are looking for someone to join our team onsite, although we offer flexibility to work from home part-time or have flexible in-office hours.
This position is based out of Arlington, VA however we are able to offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
- Work on and lead interdisciplinary teams to design, develop, and deploy ML algorithms for remote sensing applications
- Participate in customer briefings
- Create new project ideas and brief those ideas internally to Leidos and externally to customers
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- 1-5 years of practical experience in applying ML to solve complex signal processing problems
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced scientists
- Proficiency in signal processing algorithms, including time-frequency analysis and digital signal filtering
- Experience using Python, C++, and/or Matlab
- DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree with and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or PhD with prior relevant experience
- 5+ years of practical experience applying state-of-the-art ML techniques to signal processing and remote sensing applications
- Track record of research in ML technologies with high impact publications
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving and algorithm design
- Understands how to translate customer requirements and mission needs to end-to-end solutions
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.