The Naval Hydrodynamics Branch of Leidos’ Applied Science Division currently has an opening for a Principal Machine Learning Researcher to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to pioneer improvements to several classified DoD remote-sensing programs tackling critical national security needs. Alongside the existing program work, we will grow new business utilizing the innovations that your team develops.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting existing remote-sensing programs with AI/ML innovation in roles as PI, technical lead or consultant
- Developing marketing strategies, briefing potential customers and leading proposal efforts to win new remote-sensing business using advanced AI/ML techniques as a discriminator
- Proposing and executing high ROI internal research and development programs to foster new and novel AI/ML implementations and applications to remote-sensing problems relevant to customer needs
- PhD in science, engineering or mathematics and 5 years of demonstrated innovation and successful application of AI/ML to challenging technical problems AND an additional 8 years of related experience
- The ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret / SCI level clearance
- Strong preference for experience with ocean and sensor system physics
- Strong preference for experience with DARPA, ONR and/or Navy customers.
- Strong preference for demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Strong preference for a current TS clearance and SSBI
- Familiarity with modern signal processing techniques is a plus
- Familiarity with modern SW architectures is a plus
- Ability to operate in both Linux and Windows environments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.