The Leidos Civil NISC team has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer that will
support FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and control systems. Performs operational and compliance evaluations of fielded and planned systems in support of FST National Program Office initiatives. Directs implementation of FAA FST modifications Provides plant engineering recommendations and prepares engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet NAS operational standards. Provides subject matter expertise regarding configuration, component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for operation of tank systems. Prepares and maintains documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
- Provides technical assistance to the FAA FST National Program Office in areas of storage tank regulatory compliance and operations.
- Supports FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and control systems.
- Performs operational and compliance evaluations of fielded and planned systems in support of FST National Program Office initiatives.
- Provides plant engineering recommendations and prepares engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet NAS operational standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise regarding configuration, component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for operation of tank systems.
- Prepares and maintains documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and 4 to 8 years of related experience or Masters Degree with 2 to 6 years.
- Experience writing engineering documents using MS Office applications
- Experience with piping and control systems, storage tanks and fuel systems.
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Previous experience with FAA systems is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.