The Integrated Missions Operation (IMO) within Leidos' Civil Group has an immediate opening for the position of Director, Climate and Environment.
We seek a visionary and proven leader to grow and manage a $100M+ portfolio within IMO and to provide leadership on strategy development, increase our value proposition and grow Leidos’ work in climate and environmental arenas. The successful candidate will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment driven by strong growth potential within a highly competitive market. Must be a self-starting, high-energy leader focused upon delivering results. Significant customer facing engagement is expected in order to shape and position to win new business.
The Director, Climate and Environment will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Missions Operation and will be responsible for directing and growing portfolio commitments for all customer, employee, program, financial and new business short- and long-range strategies.
Build a global network of consultants/employees to broaden the base of expertise that can be used for marketing, proposal development, and technical assignments
Work with project leads to ensure climate change projects are delivering high-quality, on-time deliverables
Oversee and mentor staff with project and technical roles and provide strategic and technical guidance on projects as needed
The ideal candidate will have prior experience leading professionals in a dynamic research or consulting environment and bring excellent team leadership skills and a proven capability to manage and grow a successful business stream. This leadership role will proactively build and leverage relationships with other Leidos portfolio and division managers, group staff and functional support and be expected to collaborate across the company and exhibit teamwork to contribute to enterprise success. The Director will engage in strategic thinking by understanding “big picture” analysis both from the technological and business case perspectives for both new and existing market initiatives.
The Director is expected to expertly establish and manage customer and business partner industry relationships while creating new capabilities and increasing market share in new markets or white space opportunities. The Director must demonstrate highly ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development. The candidate will exemplify Leidos’ mission and commitment to innovation and quality and demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in their priorities and approach.
Work location is negotiable, but Reston, VA is preferred. Travel to program locations is expected, as needed, approximately 25% of the time.
Requires Education and Experience:
- 20+ years of experience in climate change
- A STEM, social science, climate change, environment Master’s degree; PhD desired
- Proven climate change expertise, bringing substantial content knowledge across a range of climate-related issues with a deep understanding of the climate change landscape including areas such as climate finance, renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, water, natural resource management, sustainable development, or other areas
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization
- Understands the climate change and environmental landscape, and possesses expert knowledge of the funding priorities and mechanisms of donors.
- Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers, achieving high levels of customer intimacy and collaboration, with strong networks and connections in the field and strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to establish/articulate a strategic vision and achieve meaningful change and growth
- 10 years of supervisory/management experience
- Proven progressive success with leading organizations in growth, continuous improvement, and change
- Demonstrated ability to build, engage, and empower a leadership team and an established workforce to include talent management and development
- Established research record and presentations at conferences and other expert forums
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to convey complex technical issues to non-expert audiences and present and share research results in a way that resonates with clients, practitioners, and policymakers
Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy clearance; U.S. Citizenship is required.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.