- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software
- Performing software development as needed for the system
- Providing support needed for system engineering and test engineering
- Deriving requirements to meet customer needs
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will:
- Modernize the ERIDS and ESSC development environment and infrastructure.
- Provide the engineering expertise to operate in a Leidos and FAA controlled development environment.
- Work with Leidos and FAA personnel to support the operations of the 20 ARTCCs.
- Be able to support local and remote customer's System support needs.
- Work with other Leidos organizations to maintain and enhance existing systems.
- Provide the support needed for system engineering and software development functional organizations.
- Articulate user needs and requirements and transform into high level designs
- To develop and implement system test and verification procedures.
- Tasks include working with FAA organizations to maintain compliance with security standards and compliance directives.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance user and functional requirements in an ever changing environment.
- The individual must also be able to perform system verification and validation activities on FAA programs, supporting the system developers and test personnel.
- High School education or equivalent and 1+ years of related experience.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- US Citizenship Requirements
- Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
- Ability to apply System Engineering principles/process
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to develop, document, and verify A/B Level requirements
- Ability to develop and document overall System Level design, function, and performance criteria
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.