The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an RHN SATCOM Engineer. This position will support the CECOM Division supporting the Regional Hub Node (RHN). Perform engineering activities as they pertain to space based equipment. These include, but are not limited to: development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans; development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views); development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams; develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity; develop technology transition plans.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans;
- Development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views);
- Development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams;
- Develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity;
- Develop technology transition plans.
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use2).
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Bachelors Degree with 5 or more years of experience. Additional years of directly experience may offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Extensive experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have understanding of Internet Protocol networking principles and concepts.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc…)
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Must describe experiences performing above duties during interview.
- Applicant must have strong ability to multi-task.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills.
- Applicant must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]eidos.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.