Leidos’ C4ISR Mission Solutions Division is seeking a system administration and hardware maintenance technical trainer to join our team in Norfolk, VA, to support Distributed Common Ground System-Navy (DCGS-N).
The candidate will be a member of the Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) training team and the Afloat Intelligence Systems Integration Team (AISIT), serving as a system administration and hardware maintenance trainer.
- Developing and conducting training in accordance with current Navy Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) standards for U.S. Navy Sailors assigned to ships and sites equipped with DCGS-N.
- Supporting O-level preventive and corrective maintenance, fault isolation, Unix/Solaris and Windows system administration, and network interoperability.
- Providing ad hoc refresher training, providing feedback, supporting system testing, and maintaining training curriculum and checklists.
- Providing feedback on technical documentation, training products, and job aids, during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
- Coordinating with system engineers, subject matter experts, and technical writers to ensure all developed content is consistent, validated, and verified.
- Must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of related experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Extensive system and network administration experience with U.S. Navy afloat Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems associated with DCGS-N, GCCS-M and communication systems.
- Current CompTIA Security +.
- Experience with Solaris OS, Microsoft OS, Cisco IOS, COMPOSE, and MS Office products.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), and/or Sun Certified Solaris Administrator (SCSA) certification.
- U.S. Navy NEC IT-H09A, experience with the Consolidated Afloat Navy Enterprise System (CANES).
- U.S. Navy Instructor and Master Training Specialist (MTS), or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT)+.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.