The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) Group currently has an exciting opening for a Systems Administrator versed in Linux and Windows systems to work in our San Diego, CA offices. This opportunity focuses acquisition, configuration, testing and deployment of heterogeneous environments and maintaining security posture. This position is ideal for candidates with a good working knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux and Windows systems, shell scripting, and test environments.
• System configuration and integration
• Support deployment to the operational team
• Test OS and software patches
• Test and verify security settings to ensure systems function as designed
• Test software to determine if it meets our needs and security requirements
• Automate build and test processes
• 2+ years of experience in Windows or RHEL administration
• Working knowledge of Windows or RHEL core functions and how to configure and maintain in the server role
• Understanding of application and OS security, virus scanning, and patching in an RMF environment
• Must have a demonstrated high level of skill resolving operational issues as a result of high STIG compliance
• Powershell and Bash scripting
• Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
• Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
• Bachelors’ Degree and 2 to 4 years of experience or 2 additional years in lieu of a degree
• Advanced Shell Scripting
• RHCSA or MCSA certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.