The Intelligence Group within Leidos is seeking a Contracts Representative to support our Homeland Security Solutions Operation.
The Contract Representative will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
The Contracts Representative should have progressive experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration support for various CP, FFP, T&M Government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution.
The Contract Representative must be able to multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal communications with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, Program management and external and internal customers.
Ability to lead the review and analysis of RFP's, prepare compliant and cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos interests during negotiations and contract administration.
Scope of work includes Red Team reviews, review and negotiate Teaming Agreements, NDAs and licenses as required.
- Review and redline documentation to include NDAs, Teaming Agreements, Contracts and Subcontract Agreements.
- RFP analysis, identify risks and associated mitigations, prepare compliant and cost/price proposals, coordinate of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution
- Manage existing contracts, to include assisting in contract negotiations, resolve performance issues, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Work with Senior Contracts staff to increase knowledge base.
- Develops solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Develop or review contract terms and conditions to ensure compliance and minimize company liability
- Support internal contractual actions (filing contracts, coordinating documents for approval, lead data collection activities, etc.)
- Review and manage OCI responses for the Operation
- Support internal/external audit activities
- The Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills to include well developed analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting
- Knowledge of general federal contracts marketplace with particular emphasis on contracts administration.
- Strong Negotiation skills, including experience understanding terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities is required.
- Clear and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Has full understanding of concepts, principles and industry practices within own discipline.
- Has deep understanding of industry practices and standards.
- - Must have the ability to make sound business judgments
- - Work independently as well as part of a Team
Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills to include well developed analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
Local travel to Lorton may be required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.