Leidos is seeking an experienced Journeyman Electrician to perform various engineering and technical activities in the support of facilities electrical engineering development and maintenance.
- Electrical systems engineering, technical planning and execution of project tasks for the operations, sustainment, and enhancement of an operational system. Project tasks may span a spectrum of technical areas including information technology, networks and communications, electrical/power systems, physical security systems, and environmental control systems.
- Engineer that can inspect, maintain, operate, and repair Electrical systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, building interior/exterior engineering requirements, and related electrical engineering task as it pertains to assigned building(s).
- Reviews historical engineering and maintenance records to develop proactive inspection and testing schedule.
- Performs assigned engineering task, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes engineering and repair records as required.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations to test troubleshoot and diagnose complex electrical engineering solutions.
- Validate and oversee testing and commissioning Electrical systems and ensure that O&M manuals and documents are completed.
- Ensure all engineering solutions and installations/repairs are in compliance with local codes/regulations.
- Perform Quality Assurance monitoring of others performing Electrical work and prepare reports.
- Under limited supervision, performs skilled electrical engineering support for all Datacenter systems.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently and as a team.
- Must have prior experience in supporting the electrical engineering infrastructure of a data center
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience supporting critical power infrastructure directly related to data centers
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, scaffolds, etc.)
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus
- Experience operating and maintaining facilities power systems
- Familiarity with operations and sustainment processes and methodologies
- Expected to conduct periodic travel to a remote (OCONUS) site at least once per year for 2 weeks to perform preventative maintenance on infrastructure and other system equipment and to perform system enhancements.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- Must be a US citizen
- Active Journeyman or Master Electrician license is required
- Engineering experience with the following is required:
- Site utility feeds (multiple/redundant)
- Auto transfer switches (ATS)
- Large Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
- Large Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- Remote Power Panel (RPP) units
- Electrical panels
- Wiring install/removal
- Breaker install/removal
- Various testing tools and methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.