The Leidos Health Group is seeking an Associate Director to support its Government Health & Safety Solutions (GH&SS) operation. This role will report directly to the Health Group Procurement Director and will be an integrated member of operations, supporting the GH&SS operations leadership.
The Associate Director is accountable for all GH&SS operation procurement activities to include new business capture and program execution. Similarly, the Associate Director is responsible for governance, organizational development and execution of the functions associated with the proposal, administration, compliance and risk management of the Government Health & Safety Solutions (GH&SS) operation’s Supply Chain. The Associate Director will manage and lead a team of 6 – 7 procurement professionals.
The duties of the Associate Director include:
- Leading full life cycle subcontract management activities for programs within the operations, including but not limited to: proposal support activities, negotiations of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, preparation of solicitations packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiations of terms and conditions, award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution and closeout activities.
- Developing strategy for competitions, negotiations, and managing subcontractor/supplier performance
- Ensuring that subcontract files are appropriately reviewed and approved in accordance with the Authority to Operate and in compliance with all contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations, conducting regular file audits
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with other functions and suppliers to solve issues of varying degrees of complexity
- Ensuring that customer solicitations are reviewed for potential risks, including compliance with requirements
- Developing prime contract flow down documents
- Working closely with cross-functional leadership, to ensure subcontracting activities are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements, financial and operational objectives. Collaborating on and driving resolution of procurement issues affecting performance.
- Monitoring supplier compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the operations
- Resolving supplier performance and/or quality issues in collaboration with operational leadership
- Advising operations leadership on procurement issues
- Promoting a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs
- Managing procurement professionals in executing day-to-day activities. Providing training, mentorship to a team with varied levels of proficiencies. Conducting performance reviews, define development actions, identify and engage with top talent in his/her team.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs)
- Must be US Citizen.
- Experience managing and training a team of 3 – 7 people
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation, subcontracts administration, and contractor/subcontractor performance management
- Strong knowledge of federal subcontracting and as well as a strong grasp of negotiation techniques.
- Executive presence and a strong business acumen
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with executives and representing functional plans and priorities to senior leaders
- Drive organizational efficiencies and savings to the business
- Experience with CostPoint ERP
- CPSM, CPC or CFCM, ISM, APICS, PMI PMP, or other relevant professional certification(s)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to energize a geographically dispersed team of professionals at various levels
- Experience within the Healthcare industry
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.