The Deputy Logistics / Supply Chain Manager will report directly to the Logistics / Supply Chain Manager in the absence of the SCM. The Deputy Logistics SCM will be 2nd In Charge (2IC) over our Supply Chain organization supporting the OASIS Program at a remote operating facility.
The Deputy Logistics / Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for supporting an effective supply chain; overseeing transport and fleet management, property accountability, and ensure that standard logistics and related administrative systems are established and implemented within the OASIS program guidelines. The Deputy Logistics / SCM also plays an important role in team leadership and capacity building of logistics staff.
- Assess requirements of the program from time to time and facilitate change in the related functional areas
- Develop and implement Best Practices in related areas
- Continuously improve quality of staff by imparting training and motivation
- Ensure smooth and efficient coordination across all departments
- Ensure best utilization of system and technology to improve efficiency of operation in related fields
- Lead the team to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Enforce standard company policies and procedures
- Hold regular status meetings with team members
- Communicate effectively with internal customers to identify needs and address the same
- Continually seek opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen user relationships
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Review status reports and address issues as appropriate
- Performs additional duties assigned by the Logistics / SCM
- Processes cross training as mandated by the Logistics / SCM
- Alternate for SCM Team Leads as requested by the Logistics / SCM
- Provide oversight of all logistics and supply chain activities
- Confer with facility project and O&M personnel to provide effective logistics and supply chain management support
- Requires a BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Top Secret / SCI with poly (U.S. Expat) or a NV1 (AUS)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient
- ERP / MRP Experience / SAP a plus
- Experience providing high quality customer services
- Experience working as part of a dedicated team
- History of driving opportunities for positive change
- Ability to drive innovation, collaboration on divergent points of view while encouraging creativity
- Demonstrated well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions
- Ability and experience in mentoring, coaching and training of personnel
- Understanding and commitment to the principles of workplace diversity and equity, and occupational health and safety
- Experience building and sustaining high performing integrated teams
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management
- Certified Property Professional Administration (CPPA) National Property Management Association
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Supply Chain
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.