Leidos, with Operations in Columbia, MD, is looking for an experienced Program Manager to lead an existing team supporting a multi-year Department of Defense contract. The Program Manager will work alongside the customer and the Leidos team at the customer’s facility near Ft. Meade, MD. The Program Manager will be responsible the following standard duties:
- Direct and oversee the planning, execution, and performance of all contractor activities associated with the contract
- Serve as the primary representative of the contractor and interface with the Government regarding status of all contractor program and technical activities and all problems, issues or conflicts requiring resolution
- Collaborate with the COR to develop and maintain a detailed Program Management Plan (PMP) to include specific tasks, assignments, milestones and schedules
- Manage cost, schedule, and performance through the completion of tasks within estimated timeframes and budget constraints
- Track performance against specific metrics defined in the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
- Schedule and assign duties to contractors as required and ensure assignments are completed as directed
- Enforce workforce standards and review and resolve work discrepancies to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Have ultimate responsibilities for the integrity and quality of all work performed and all deliverables produced
Work will primarily be performed at the customer’s facility. Some work in the local Leidos facility will also be required. Occasional telework is allowed, however 100% telework is not possible for this position.
Some CONUS and/or OCONUS travel may be required in support of the customer.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience managing programs and overseeing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Active PMP certification
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Proficient with using MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing subcontractors to include development of statements of work and supporting contract negotiations
- Experience with CMMI or similar process frameworks
- Experience managing Time & Material and Firm Fixed-Price contracts
- Experience working with PII, PHI, and similar protected identity information
- Ability to perform independent research and offer approaches to solving complex problems involving technology, process automation, and policy implementations
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Experience identifying, proposing, and delivering new and innovative solutions to a customer
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.