Leidos has a job opening for a Finance Analyst in Washington D.C Metro area to include the MD and VA areas.
Are you interested in joining an established entry-level professional program with the #1 Company on the Washington Technology Top 100 Contractors listing? Leidos, a Fortune 500 federal contractor with over $12B in annual revenue, is looking for top finance and business majors to be a part of our organization. Our finance analysts are drivers of change that generate meaningful work to create tangible impacts across different aspects of the business. As a member of the Leidos Finance and Business Operations Organization you will have a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth throughout your future career.
Responsibilities may include:
- Program financial control functions including budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, reporting, establishing/managing program cost baselines
- Applying principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables
- Analyzing variances using Enterprise toolsets and developing corrective action plans
- Participating in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring Earned Value Management (EVM) and a schedule baseline (plan)
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Leveraging new technology to bring efficiencies in the areas of business analytics and data visualization with a focus on automation efforts
- Proposal Pricing & Analysis
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis
As a part of our elite program, your Entry Level Professional Program experience will include:
- Immersive 3 Day Boot Camp Training event at Corporate GHQ
- Lunch & Learn sessions featuring executives from across the corporation
- Networking & Social Events
- Opportunities for professional growth & career development
- Philanthropic opportunities
- Formal “ELP Buddy” to assist with mentorship, assimilation, and engagement
- Opportunity to apply for the exclusive Leidos Finance Leadership Development Program after one-year tenure
Ideal Candidates should display the following:
- Interest in Finance & Business Operations with the industry leader in government services
- Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
- Team player who isn’t afraid to show initiative and solve problems
- Effective interpersonal skills and drive for excellent customer service
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Business Analytics, or other related field from an accredited college/university
- Expected graduation in December 2021 or May 2022
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (please note this on your resume when submitting your application)
- Demonstrated experience performing Accounting, Finance, or Economics-related financial data analysis tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly comprehend processes and learn systems and tools
- Ability to execute data mining and analysis and present those findings to management
- Basic knowledge of data visualizer & data transformation tools (i.e. Power BI or Tableau)
- Ability to be accountable and professional while maintaining effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Entry level positions will be located in the Washington D.C Metro Area (WMA) including Northern Virginia cities such as Reston, Chantilly, Vienna, etc. Some positions may be located in MD cities such as Gaithersburg, Baltimore, Frederick, and Columbia. Leidos values a Mobile Workforce, which provides employees with location flexibility, including the possibility for a hybrid telework schedule.
This position is scheduled to start summer of 2022.
US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.