Leidos has a job opening for a Finance and Business Operations Intern in Washington D.C Metro area to include the MD and VA areas.
Are you interested in joining an established internship program with the #1 Company on the Washington Technology Top 100 Contractors listing? Leidos, a Fortune 500 federal contractor with over $12B in annual revenue, is looking for top performing finance and business majors to be a part of our organization. Our Finance analysts are drivers of change that generate meaningful work to create tangible impacts across different aspects of the business. As a member of the Leidos Finance and Business Operations Organization, you will have a position with varying responsibility and scope that will challenge you and propel your professional and personal growth throughout your future career.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performing day-to-day activities in the areas of:
- Program Financial Control
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Management reporting and data maintenance
- Proposal & Pricing
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Preparing and coordinating financial information for presentations and statuses to program and functional area management through the utilization of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) tools and other related software
- Leveraging new technology to bring efficiencies in the areas of business analytics and data visualization with a focus on automation efforts
- Performing ad-hoc cost and performance analysis
As a part of our elite program, your internship experience will include:
- A full day of training at Corporate GHQ
- Lunch & Learn sessions featuring executives from across the corporation
- Group projects with final presentation to executive leadership during the “Purple Olympics”
- Finance Executive Panel Events
- Networking & Social Events
- Philanthropic opportunities
- Formal “intern buddy” to assist with mentorship & guidance to your role
Ideal Candidates should display the following:
- Interested in Finance & Business Operations with the industry leader in government services
- Energetic and enthusiastic behavior
- Team player who isn’t afraid to show initiative and solve problems
- Effective interpersonal skills and drive for excellent customer service
- Currently enrolled and pursing a degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Business Analytics, or other related field from an accredited college/university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (please note this on your resume when submitting your application)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly comprehend processes and learn systems and tools
- Ability to execute data mining and analysis and present those findings to management
- Ability to be accountable and professional while maintaining effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Basic knowledge of data visualizer & data transformation tools (i.e. Power BI or Tableau)
- Internship positions will be located in the Washington D.C Metro Area (WMA) including Northern Virginia cities such as Reston, Chantilly, Vienna, etc. Some positions may be located in MD cities such as Gaithersburg, Baltimore, Frederick, and Columbia. Leidos values workplace flexibility, and Interns have the ability to travel to various offices based on their schedules.
This position is for the summer of 2022.
US Citizenship is required.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.