Are you a finance professional that is ready for a new challenge in an agile, collaborative, and inclusive environment with a company culture that supports professional growth?
Are you tenacious and curious and enjoy being a positive change agent?
The Leidos Health Group Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a dynamic, senior finance leader to join our innovative team in developing reporting and planning solutions to ensure efficient operations and be a key contributor in achieving business results. The ideal candidate would be an adaptable, critical-thinker, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills to join a team of innovative professionals as a Financial Planning and Analysis Principal within the Health Group.
This role reports directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and will be a strategic business partner to Corporate Finance, Health Group Executive Leadership Team, and the Health Group lines of business.
- Lead and drive monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and reporting for the balance sheet with a continuous focus on improved accuracy.
- Use advanced data science to forecast the future based on past patterns and advanced analytic methods to extract meaningful insights and develop informed forecasts from various data sources
- Lead Group intermediate home office and overhead rate planning and reporting to support development of Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) and monthly variance reporting to DCMA and DCAA
- Lead analysis of projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions
- Proactively monitor and provide guidance to ensure compliance with regulatory and accounting controls and company policies.
- Communicate clearly, succinctly, and with thoughtful planning on messaging and timelines.
- Operate in a highly organized manner with structured processes to ensure quality and on-time delivery of work products and responses.
- Lead process improvement initiatives such as opportunities to leverage robotic process automation (RPA) to shift time for finance professionals to focus on analytics and more strategic priorities
- Participate in business case development and ROI analysis
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Directly interfaces with various functions within the Health Group and serves as a key liaison and resource to various stakeholders both internal and external to Health Group
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior finance experience, which must include experience in FP&A role.
- Proficiency in Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), SOX controls, GAAP
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced proficiency in Hyperion Financial Planning and Reporting systems (LPAS, HFM)
- Ability to aggregate and analyze large volumes of data using visualization tools, such as PowerBI.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and incorporation into executive presentations
- Broad experience presenting, interacting and influencing executives
- Demonstrate the highest standards of accuracy and precision in work products.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to clearly articulate and respond to requests for data.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.