The qualified Engineer / Scientist will be part of a strong team of scientists and engineers in our San Diego office addressing some of our nation’s most challenging defense problems. As a Winter Intern, the candidate will help design and implement signal processing algorithms and help analyze unique datasets to identify and characterize signals of interest.
- Help develop signal processing algorithms.
- Help conduct data analysis.
- Help perform signal detection and characterization.
- Create efficient implementations in software.
- Document results for customers.
- Work collegially within a talented team of peers.
- BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Intense interest in algorithm development, large dataset analysis, complex data phenomenology, signal detection and characterization, and efficient software implementation.
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of detection and estimation theory, linear algebra and matrix computations, spectral analysis, mathematical modeling, and algorithm and software design.
- Fluency in MATLAB or similar data analysis package.
- Demonstrated exceptional work ethic.
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and successful technical results.
- Be self-motivated and a team player, ready for a fast-paced environment and high expectations.
- Able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Additional software experience such as C, C++, shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python, Fortran, MPI, Cuda.
- Experience with public speaking, client interaction, customer presentations, research documentation, task planning and scheduling.
- Electronic sensor prototyping, building, testing, and repair.
- Data acquisition, logging, and analysis
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.