This role entails overall responsibility for the installation, management and operations of enterprise network, application/system management, cloud, data services, and command & control contract, for a newly formed agency within an international government with responsibilities for ensuring the secure and smooth movement of people and goods across the nation’s international border.
This program will serve the administrative and command and control enterprise IT mission of the organization’s security inspection and intelligence mission – the agency that was recently stood up as a separate entity to focus on national security, anti-corruption and tax collection. As the new agency will be separating its IT infrastructure and network from its prior parent organization, and standing up its own enterprise IT infrastructure, there is a need to establish new infrastructures and provide seamless end-to-end consolidated enterprise IT services. For the primary organizational Command and Control network, the PM must over the installation of infrastructure to provide Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Networks (LANs) at the agency HQ and at all the tactical edge border security checkpoints and ports of entry. This new contract also includes applications/system management of existing and new systems in support of the organization’s mission, continued optimization of their existing Data Centers as well as enabling further cloud adoption across the organization, targeting operations, data analytics and centralized command and control systems for threat identification and adjudication. Given the rise of increasing digital threats, the scope includes cybersecurity and management of a network operations and security center (NOSC). Other primary services include end user device management, enterprise service desk/IT support, contract transition, asset management and logistics, vendor management, stakeholder management, collaboration, continued program improvement and innovation.
The program manager is responsible for all program control and program office activities, including customer relationships, frequent collaboration with customer stakeholders, all external program business rhythms, having strong budget and schedule management skills. As a newly established agency, the agency under this contract is looking for opportunities to establish turnkey infrastructure and systems to expand support to all of its missions. Hence, this role has a critical impact in the success of the agency and the customer. The program manager communicates critical and time sensitive program-related information directly to the Leidos Division Manager, and/or other delegated Government program personnel.
This program is currently under competition, the role will also entail participation in the overall formation of the program solution and offer, supporting the proposal team for submission, government presentations, and finalization. This role also involves collaboration within the operational unit on related programs and throughout Leidos to leverage experience and resources for mission-focused critical network programs. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring for the contractual and financial health of the program while assuring high customer satisfaction with overall service delivery and contractual performance
- Establishes trust in the scale, security, speed and integrity of Leidos service delivery capabilities
- Overall responsibility for the installation, management and operations of enterprise network, application/system management, cloud, data services, and command & control contract
- Oversees the transition from a current set of IT providers and operational capabilities to a brand new green field departmental wide set of enterprise IT functions, including infrastructure hosting (using Hyperconverged Infrastructure), Software Defined Wide Area Networking, Enterprise End User Services, Applications and Middleware Sustainment, Service Desk and Network/Security Operations.
- Engages all of Leidos to assist in delivery of enterprise IT services, particularly including Service Desk, NOSC and End User engineering services
This customer has major locations in both in the national capital and in a regional HQ, approximately 3 hours outside of the national capital. Extensive travel will be required to the customer’s in country primary locations and to visit border security checkpoints, other customer stakeholder locations, and to Leidos GHQ in Reston, VA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and 12 plus years combined experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of network services, and/or other technically complex information technologies services to large organizations nationally and/or internationally
- Over 10 years working in a leadership capacity on an enterprise IT/communications services contract
- Over 10 years of Program Management experience leading programs >$100 to $500M USD
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication/collaboration/coordination/cooperation skills
- Technical background or operational experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Business development familiarity with Government contracting office and customer stakeholders
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and good organizational skills with business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis
- Experience with various contract types, monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, task order management, prime contract flow-downs and performance based contracting
- Familiarity with Wide Area Network (WAN)/Local Area Network (LAN) technologies and emerging network and enterprise IT technologies including, but not limited to cloud and automation technologies, application management, targeting, software-defined solutions, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
- Familiarity with the international government and the agency’s use of commercial Cloud resources as well as management of on government premise data centers including consolidation efforts to provide a single enterprise data center.
- Previous experience managing a complex IT program, managing a geographically dispersed and diverse customer set, and managing within an outcome-focused performance-based management environment
- Transitioned and transformed large enterprise IT programs
- Understanding of IT networks and can speak the language effectively. Just as important is having a more holistic, Enterprise understanding and vision
- Proven driver of IT program innovation, forward thinking, and ability to connect with the customer
- Strong customer focus
- Fluent written and verbal communicator in Spanish in public sector IT settings
- PMP certification or ability to obtain prior to proposal submission
- Other relevant certifications like PMI-ACP and ITIL
- Experience supporting Enterprise IT and integration contracts with a strong understanding of border security missions
- 5+ years Program Management experience leading programs >$500M
- Ability to support Leidos proposal pursuit, build relationship with key customers/stakeholders and local partners/vendors
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.