LEIDOS is currently searching for a Cybersecurity Engineer to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required.
The DHMSM Cybersecurity Engineer will support the review of EHR architecture and technical artifacts from a cybersecurity perspective, and assist in the development and implementation of Cyber Information Assurance policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supporting the Cybersecurity team in complex to highly complex aspects of the Leidos Cybersecurity planning of the EHR system, and provide leadership to individual tasks as necessary
- Support the Cybersecurity Lead in the development and management of project management plan(s), providing summaries which identify potential risks, and recommend plans to mitigate those risks
- Provided technical analysis and security engineering review during the programs early design and development stages to ensure adherence to established security standards and Governmental requirements.
- Document and track discovered vulnerabilities and assist with the development of POA&M’s (Plan of Action and Milestones)
- Provide hands-on security engineering support in remediating and/or mitigating vulnerabilities.
- Assist with the installation and configuration of security applications such as Splunk, ACAS, McAfee/HBSS
- Collaborate with the development, DevSecOps, and system administration teams to provide security oversight, guidance, and support.
- As necessary, support the Cybersecurity Lead in the development and implementation of a communication plan that provides regular updates to all staff on project implementation, as well as meeting, presenting and providing status to senior government personnel on the program.
- Update and maintain RMF controls, POA&Ms, and other artifacts on eMASS
- Assist the Cybersecurity Lead in ensuring the project meets identified milestones
- Support the development of cyber strategy and associated documentation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for customer inquiries
- Support the establishment and maintenance of internal and external relationships for cyber related collaboration
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience. Degree in Information Systems or Cyber Security preferred
- US Citizenship required. Active Secret or higher security clearance is required for Federal Government contract.
- Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. CE, SSCP, CISSP) is preferable
- Experience with cyber risk management tools such as DoD Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS)
- DoD contract experience leading cyber activities throughout project lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- CompTIA Security+
- Experience with Controls and Risk Management Framework
- Experience with the DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Substantial knowledge of networks, cyber defense toolsets and processes
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerability scanner, Security Technical Information Guidance (STIG) requirements and compliance process, SCAP Content Checker, Security Readiness Review (SRRs), and other DoD approved tools.
- DoD Military Health experience
- Prior experience with DHMSM Program, working with Cerner
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.