The Director of Digital Engagement serves as a key position for Leidos Health Group and is responsible for providing leadership, vision, and overall accountability for establishing, implementing, and sustaining customer enterprise applications and digital tools to include the design, development, and deployment of clinical technology within Leidos Military and Veterans Health Solutions Group. This leader will work as a dyad partner with the Division Manager of Federal Healthcare Delivery Solutions, and the position will report directly to the Operations Manager (President) of Military and Veterans Health Solutions Group.
This leader will focus on developing services at the intersection of operational performance improvement, technology and clinical transformation for our clients. This position will focus on electronic health record selection, implementation and optimization to ensure that Leidos is the preferred partner in governmental customers globally. Next, this leader will ensure Leidos is a thought leader in digital health solutions to include clinically relevant artificial intelligence and machine learning initiatives (AI/ML). Lastly, the position will focus on clinical transformation and revenue cycle improvement for commercial and federal health agencies. This position will provide governance operating models related to the clinical and administrative service delivery and assist the Division Manager with oversight of execution of the model within new and existing programs. This individual works closely with the internal leadership team to design and develop goals, strategies, and plans for the expansion of Leidos healthcare technology services.
This individual will source new Leidos partners and customers in alignment with business development and financial objectives. This individual will promote these service lines to prospective clients and ensure the retention of existing clients. This individual will coordinate their activities with Leidos Leadership—including program leadership and medical leadership to ensure strategy is aligned across the Health Group and approached in the best interest of all parties. This individual interacts with multiple stakeholders and must be flexible and willing to develop external and internal relationships to drive results. This position requires self-direction, responsibility and significant travel, to include international travel.
- Designs, develops and implements a healthcare digital engagement practice that provides clinical and operational subject matter expertise to the assigned Divisions.
- Leverages the Leidos strategic plan for establishing annual goals and creating competitive and breakthrough strategies. In concert with the Leidos leadership team plans, develops, directs and manages the governmentally-focused digital health and electronic health record strategy and execution.
- Leverages existing Leidos best practices and recommends enhanced service methodologies for assessment and implementation of technology and process improvement in support of Division goals.
- Supports sales and business development for prospective and current customers.
- Assist the Division Manager with developing workforce organizational plans for operational services and technology that will assure growth and development of the various service lines that are aligned with strategic initiatives.
- Provides effective fiscal management in concert with Division Manger to assure that financial objectives are achieved and that cost and expense objectives are met.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through the development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Has the ability to analyze and understand decision making impact on the entire organization when making decision and recommendations, to include using industry knowledge about competition to make gains in improving Leidos business practices.
- Functions as a key member of the senior management team and as an advisor to the Health Leadership Team, clinical providers, and management.
- Skilled and comfortable to offer presentations and lead groups on the national level in discussions regarding use and outcomes of innovation and use of technology in clinical delivery.
- Drives transformation activities that ensure an agile and high performing operational/clinical structure and organizational vision.
- The position is clinical in nature and will require a minimum of a BA/BS in a relevant healthcare field combined with at least 10 years of progressive clinical and operational experience
- Clinical background demonstrated through formal education required
- This position requires problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience in healthcare operations and management delivering clinical and financial outcomes
- Must be able to perform basic operations on a personal computer within the Windows operating system.
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Experience with the deployment of technology in healthcare
- Experience in leading teams and customers through clinical transformation
- Travel Requirements – Ability to travel as required to client sites, internal meetings, and other company-sponsored events (50%-75% travel to include international travel)
- Experience supervising or leading teams and projects
- Demonstrated understanding of current and future healthcare trends
- Experience with the Dyad model of leadership
- An advanced degree in business, leadership, or operations
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and the ability to effectively brief senior customer and corporate management on program technical, financial and operational status, to include board-level (C-Suite) and national presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop recommendations and solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of what drives customer satisfaction, best practices, and how to measure related progress
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Health IT Consulting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.