Leidos is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer to join our growing team within our state-of-the-art facility located in Omaha, NE. The opportunity will provide career growth and skill enhancement to support our design process throughout the planning and development lifecycle for a variety of unique user interfaces (UI). You will work collaboratively with software engineers, domain experts, customers, vendors, and executives to meet objectives and provide innovative solutions.
This is an exciting, growth-oriented opportunity that will support a flexible work schedule and a chance to obtain a DoD clearance.
- Support creative solutions for a wide variety of user experience challenges including, but not limited to mobile and desktop web applications.
- Support the design of useful, usable, and desirable systems, products and services. This includes working closely with software engineers to realize the design.
- Participate in user research activities enabling the team to build a deep and rich understanding of how our vendors and customers use our platform.
- Use data, analytics and business requirements to assist product management in developing user stories and requirements.
- Propose design direction and/or assist to define the visual language.
- Develop and maintain UI specifications.
- Present design work to the engineering team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in visual communication, design, UX, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field / certification. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of related professional/work experience.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills.
- Knowledge of accessibility, usability principles, and interaction design.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating illustrations, visual design, web design, or UI solutions for a variety of form factors (including mobile and desktop.)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment, where iteration is encouraged.
- Knowledge of various user research techniques (e.g., user journey mapping, user interviews, contextual inquiry, card sorting, usability testing, etc.)
- Knowledge of content strategy, instructional design strategy, and information architecture.
- Experience with agile software environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.