Enterprise IT Transition Leader
Leidos is seeking a Senior Level Transition Manager to provide leadership in planning and executing a transition program to assure continuity of operations for a for a newly formed agency within an international government with responsibilities for ensuring the secure and smooth movement of people and goods across the nation’s international border.
This leader will be part of a core program management office to lead pre-award activities, to drive the transition phase of work to oversee discovery, to assist in establishing a new program team, to establish program processes, to deliver early milestone deliverables, not least of which being the continuity of network, data center, applications and end user services for a geographically dispersed, newly created newly formed agency within an international government. The Transition Leader ensures the delivery of uninterrupted, quality services to locations/end users throughout the customer’s national territory during the phase-in and transformation period for mission continuity
The successful candidate will be the executive leader who defines, runs, oversees and evolves the transition plan for the enterprise scale, national program which includes a wide range of Enterprise IT services including running data centers, applications, middleware and identity management solutions, enterprise networking connecting multiple office locations and over 50 ports of entry, service desk and Network/Security Operations Center. The Transition Leader works with the Program Manager and Chief Engineer to minimize risk of disruption of services by deploying Leidos’ industry leading StarTT transition methodology throughout the phases of Startup, Transition and Transformation. The Transition Leader will conduct activities to transition program management, including program, financial, logistics, phase-in/transition, physical security, cybersecurity, facilities, and quality assurance management; program integration and interfaces, including external interfaces; and contract and subcontract administration.
The Transition Leader will:
- Establish the overall plan and establish required checklists (appropriate for the holistic scope of the customer’s program) for transition teams to leverage during discovery activities
- Engage the customer to support their own transition activities as they lead the separation of their new organization from the prior parent governmental organization
- Identify and staff incumbents with relevant skills and knowledge for the customers enterprise IT and Port of Entry technology activities
- Coordinate clearances, badging and security considerations for onboarding personnel
- Establish formal subcontracts with teammates
- Deploy transition teams
- Obtain current technology artifacts such s Design Documents, System Administration and Ops Manuals. Procedures documents and Security Artifacts
- Obtain an inventory of maintenance agreements (hardware, software, licensing); obtain standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- As required, transfer system administrator roles and privileges
- Coordinate with logistics teams to conduct a property inventory and transfer property
- Conduct site analyses to prepare safety, hazard, accident prevention, and emergency plans
The Transition Leader will work closely with the Chief Engineer in the Transformation phase of the transition program to orchestrate deployments on to MVP versions of networks, facilities, data centers and shall initiate operations of Service Desks and NOSC capabilities. They will coordinate closely with the customer and their other governmental partners to carefully sequence the transition of networking, applications, infrastructure and operations from current service providers and contract holders to the new organization’s enterprise IT operation.
This customer has major locations in both in the national capital and in a regional HQ, approximately 3 hours outside of the national capital. Extensive travel will be required to the customer’s in country primary locations and to visit border security checkpoints, other customer stakeholder locations, and to Leidos GHQ in Reston, VA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and 12 plus years combined experience managing and/or executing the planning and execution of transition of technically complex information technologies services to large organizations nationally and/or internationally
- Over 10 years working in a leadership capacity on an enterprise IT/communications services contract
- Over 5 years of Transition Management experience leading programs >$100 to $500M USD for public sector customers
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication/collaboration/coordination/cooperation skills, especially in assuring continuity of critical enterprise IT services
- Business development familiarity with Government contracting stakeholders
- Familiarity with Wide Area Network (WAN)/Local Area Network (LAN) technologies and emerging network and enterprise IT technologies including, but not limited to cloud and automation technologies, application management, Identity Access Management, End User, Service Desks and Network and Security Operations Centers
- Previous experience managing a complex IT program, managing a geographically dispersed and diverse customer set, and managing within an outcome-focused performance-based management environment
- Understanding of holistic enterprise IT implementations, including networks, data centers, cloud, applications and operational capabilities
- Proven driver of IT program innovation, forward thinking, and ability to connect with in country governmental customer
- Over 5 years’ experience with applying Federal/Commercial System Integrator’s Transition Methodologies
- Fluent written and verbal communicator in Spanish in public sector IT settings
- PMP and ITIL V3 or V4 certifications
- Experience supporting Enterprise IT and integration contracts with a strong understanding of border security missions
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.