Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of an Inventory Control Sr. Manager to manage and assist with our inventory control and compliance processes across the enterprise, as well as serve as the primary interface with our internal, external, and manufacturing supply chain partners. As a Subject Matter Expert in Inventory Control Requirements (for both systemically and procedurally), you will provide support for all audit processes and adhere to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) standards. This position is eligible for partial telecommute.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure ,systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Creates and implements appropriate best practices and internal controls necessary to manage day-to-day accounting function, specifically as it relates to Inventory controls
- Manages physical control of local and offsite inventory through cycle count procedures and physical inventory assessments as appropriate
- Supports corporate accounting team in closing out inventory balance sheet accounts monthly and producing timely and accurate financial reporting
- Facilitate formal problem solving, root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective actions for all inventory discrepancies or related process failures
- Coordinate and prepare Excess & Obsolete Inventory financial reserve
- Analyze and evaluate Excess & Obsolete inventory to determine if exceptions needs to be taken or if inventory needs to be dispositioned
- Work closely with operations to suggest and implement process improvements, to identify and mitigate risks with current processes and to improve process effectiveness and efficiency
- Help define and provide operations and finance leadership with insights on our operational key performance indicators
- Ability to develop processes to analyze manufacturing operations, guiding operational leadership to areas of opportunities to drive profitable growth and inventory improvements
- Work collaboratively with multiple business functions in a team environment
- Provide ongoing analytical and reporting support to Operations team on freight and logistics costs, inventory and production costs, overhead spending, warranty, E&O performance
- Establish career development, goals and objectives, and conduct annual reviews
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related major is required
- 8+ years of progressive Finance experience in a manufacturing environment as Plant Controller or Accounting Manager
- Outstanding understanding of and ensuring diligent adherence to GAAP
- Strong cost accounting and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competence and experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined financial controls, financial management systems, and enterprise performance measures
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- High energy, accountable and agile
- Experience in a complex, high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software and advanced concepts
- Lean/6 Sigma Green Belt certified preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.