Leidos is looking for an experienced, cleared, Senior Proposal Writer to join our team in Reston, VA. Partial telework is available, but the candidate must be local to the National Capital region and go into the office as needed.
General Overview: Are you driven to excel as a proposal writer and motivated to produce high-scoring content? If so, join the Leidos Corporate Proposal Center, a fast-paced and highly talent team that is focused on winning new business for the company. Leidos proposal writers work across technical capabilities and program teams, build strong relationships, support diverse customer needs, and advance their capabilities beyond the industry standard.
Position Description: The Senior Proposal Writer collaborates with Leidos experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations. The ideal candidate will have experience working past performance and corporate experience volumes, which includes qualifying opportunities to align with solicitation requirements, and hold a TS/SCI clearance.
- Writes and leads technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections and volumes, with a heavy emphasis on past performance.
- Provides direction and oversight to supporting writers.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, or related field
- 15+ total years of professional experience, 13+ years with master’s
- 6+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Demonstrated success writing and leading technical, management, resume, and/or past performance volumes for complex efforts
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
- Active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS SCI, if required
- 10+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Ability to coach and instruct others to facilitate consistency across multiple authors
- Active TS clearance and eligibility for SCI
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.