Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated, large-scale system of systems trainers and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking a senior Linux Computer Systems Engineer to develop complex systems of systems solutions for the trainers and their development environments.
Leidos support of the U.S. Navy has garnered accolades such as:
“There is no other trainer like this in the world.
"The modeling and the fidelity are unmatched.”
“This is a quantum leap in being able to make the [training] system realistic.”
“The technology that backs this system up is head and shoulders above anything we have ever seen before.”
In order to continue this level of excellence, Leidos seeks individuals who take pride in their career to learn and grow their professional expertise. In this role, you will use your expertise with Linux Operating systems (including concepts, command line interface (CLI), hardening, and DevSecOps) to perform the following duties:
• Work on multiple facets of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation.
• Be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems.
• Perform systems requirements analysis
• Take part in trade studies
• Be involved with the development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts.
• Provide technical leadership.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Math or the Sciences, Network Engineering, Systems Software, or a related technical degree. Candidate must be 8570.1-M / DoD 8140 compliant with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as Linux+, RHCE, Network+, or CCNA (or better).
• Must have 8+ years of relevant work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Demonstrable expertise with the Linux operating system (Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products)
• Proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems.
• Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
• Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
• Experience in a DevSecOps environment
• DoD 8570 IAT II compliance (CCNA, Sec+ for example)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.