Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in national security? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
The Leidos Systems Engineering and Integration Contract (SEIC) II Program has an immediate opportunity for a Systems/Solution Architect (SA) for a U.S. Air Force/Navy Software and Data Update Service (SADUS) supporting aircraft mission planning operations. Position can be based from Orlando FL, Eglin AFB FL, or Lexington MA.
The successful candidate will be able to perform in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe™) enterprise engaging multiple stakeholders within the Air Force, Navy, other DoD agencies, and industry. The SA will review and design SADUS architectures, document solution contexts and solution intents, analyze technical trade-offs, determine primary components and subsystems, identify interfaces and collaborations between them, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs), guide Solution Enablers through development, and work with Enterprise Architects, Solution Managers, Product Managers, customers, and Suppliers to help ensure fitness for purpose.
• Develop solution-level value streams, epics, capabilities, and work items based on enterprise-level portfolio priorities and backlogs.
• Assist in drafting & prioritizing backlogs/roadmaps to achieve functional and non-functional requirements.
• Develop data and software distribution architectures for Next Generation Mission Planning Systems (NextGen MPS) in Air Force and Navy operational environments.
• Develop public, private and cloud deployment architectures and models for Next Gen Mission Planning software, supporting the varied security, availability, and operational needs of a diverse user base.
• Analyze requirements & standards; develop technical standard profiles to guide development organizations
• Closely coordinate SADUS engineering efforts with other Enterprise Architects and Systems Engineers.
• Apply SAFe™ methodologies using the Atlassian agile tool suite for the development of Software & System Architecture Views, including roadmaps, backlogs, etc. using various architecture modeling tools.
• Manage Software interfaces between architectural components; oversee interface evolution.
• Support technical assessments, trade-studies, white-papers and other technical analysis activities.
• Provide key inputs into technology evaluation and technology insertion planning activities.
• Participate in product development cycles to include requirements and design reviews conducted by subsystem developers; review their contract deliverables.
• Work with SEIC Centers of Excellence/Spanning Palette teams to ensure development supports:
- Information Assurance requirements, testing and approvals;
- UI/UX standards for usability and enterprise consistency;
- testing and reliability metrics;
- and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline submission standards
• Master's degree in engineering, computer science, data science or relevant technical discipline and 15+ of relevant experience; or Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience; will also consider Bachelor's degree and 19+ years related experience.
• Active Department of Defense Secret clearance.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the definition of highly innovative products/solutions for complex military systems, achieved through collaboration with large development teams.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the solution.
• Understanding of cloud technologies, cloud deployment techniques and mechanisms, and related cybersecurity designs
• Working knowledge of computer database systems
• DoD Top Secret Clearance
• Previous experience with / support of US Air Force or Navy software programs and/or C2 systems
• Demonstrated customer support, interpersonal skills, and both oral and written communication skills.
• Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, data science or related technical discipline
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• SAFe™ Solution Architect certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.