Leidos is seeking a machine learning engineer in Ann Arbor, MI. We are leaders in the exploitation of airborne and satellite imagery for automated target detection and classification. We are looking for someone to join our technical team who can immediately start supporting our existing research programs. This is an opportunity to use your ML and image/signal processing experience and expertise to conduct applied research, software development, and transition new and innovative solutions to address difficult surveillance problems in the defense and intelligence communities. The opportunity awaits to create your own research portfolio by exploiting advanced image and signal data into actionable information.
- These are some of the interesting things you will be doing:
- Working with small teams on the research, design, and development of sensor exploitation systems including object/target detection and classification.
- Collaborating with our customers to address challenging surveillance mission requirements by developing new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems.
- Interacting with technical and management staff at Leidos and our customers to execute research and development projects, document and report project results and support business capture efforts.
- To be successful you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 4 years of experience in computer vision, deep learning and/or signal processing.
- Strong Python and PyTorch capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief your ideas and technical solutions to coworkers, teammates, and customers.
- You will really impress us if you have these skills and/or interests:
- Experience integrating machine learning solutions into software useable by others.
- Familiarity with exploiting remote sensing data and imagery, particularly Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), data.
- Experience developing software in Linux environments.
- Interest and desire in crafting and leading your own research program portfolio within the U.S. defense and intelligence communities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.