Leidos is seeking a Mid-level System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD.
This role requires an individual that has technical experience with administering Linux and Windows servers within a VMware virtual environment. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. This role is responsible for interacting with other administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Linux, Microsoft, and Mac systems within a VMware virtual environment.
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for consideration
- Foundational knowledge of AWS or Azure cloud services and the cloud ecosystem
- Familiarity with Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) concepts and solutions such as Dell VXRail
- Experience with Tier 2 system administration of server operating systems such as Linux (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu) and Microsoft Server (2012 R2/2016)
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows, and/or MacOS
- Experience with Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts, PowerShell, PowerCLI, or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience, Masters degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience, Associate's with at least 8 years of relevant experience, or High School Diploma with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Certification relating to VMware (VCA/VCP), Microsoft Server Administration (MCSA), Linux Administration (Linux+), or Mac Administration (ACSP) a plus.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.